- 10 Brave Semi Truck Drivers Saved My Life!
A heart-warming story of a traumatic road accident and the truckers that saved a woman from her crushed vehicle.
- How to Buy a Used Semi Truck
How to Buy a Used Semi Truck - Buying a used Class 8 truck or other commercial rig is a smart way for owner-operators to save money in the early days of their business.
- Should I Lease-to-Own a Semi Truck?
Should I Lease-to-Own a Semi Truck?
- RDI Logistics Job Openings
RDI Logistics Job Openings
- Pneumatic Trailers - Trucks - Flatbed Trailers - Vehicles | Retirement Auction
Pneumatic Trailers, Trucks, Flatbed Trailers, Vehicles, Retirement Auction
- Miller Transportation Dealer Welcome
Miller Transportation Dealer
- November 2016 Scholarship Winner – Marcella Williams
November 2016 Scholarship Winner – Marcella Williams
- Welcome International Machinery
Trucker-to-Trucker is pleased to announce that International Machinery has recently joined our elite group of online advertisers.
- Welcome Trax Trux From Lake City Georgia
Trax Trux is known throughout the country for offering excellent values on an outstanding selection of trucks. They have recently joined our elite group of online advertisers at Trucker-to-Trucker, and we are proud to have them. Trax has trucks of all sizes, from small, light-duty trucks to large, heavy-duty big rigs.
- Welcome TruckMax Homestead
Trucker-to-Trucker is proud to announce that TruckMax Homestead is a new member of our elite team of online advertisers. TruckMax Homestead has three dealership locations to serve members of the trucking industry in Florida and beyond.
- Truck Center For All Of Your Truck & Trailer Auction Needs!
Trucker-to-Trucker is proud to announce that TruckCenter.com has recently joined our elite group of online advertisers. TruckCenter is an excellent place to sell your trailers and trucks, as they reach thousands of customers around the world
- America's Truck Source Dealer Welcome
Trucker-to-Trucker is proud to announce the addition of America's Truck Source to our growing list of elite online advertisers. America's Truck Source is the place to go if you need trucks in the Atlanta area.
- Dealer Welcome Freightliner of Grand Rapids
Trucker-to-Trucker is pleased to welcome Freightliner of Grand Rapids to our exclusive network of online advertisers. Freightliner of Grand Rapids has been serving customers in Western Michigan and beyond since 1978.
- 2016 College Scholarship Winners - Monica Medrano and Callie Ivy
2016 College Scholarship Winners - Monica Medrano and Callie Ivy
- Manage Your Fleet Disposal: How to Maximize Results using an Online Marketplace
Manage Your Fleet Disposal: How to Maximize Results using an Online Marketplace
- Brakes: Drums Versus Disc Reviewed
Brakes: Drums Versus Disc Reviewed
- Top Five List: Best and the Worst States for Small Trucking Companies
Top Five List: Best and the Worst States for Small Trucking Companies
- Will Amazon's Foray Into Delivery Change the Face of Trucking and Logistics?
Will Amazon's Foray Into Delivery Change the Face of Trucking and Logistics?
- California Leads Again With New Meal/Rest Break Legislation
California Leads Again With New Meal/Rest Break Legislation
- Truckers Show Cluster of Chronic Health Issues
Truckers Show Cluster of Chronic Health Issues
- Stay Safe - Monitor Carbon Monoxide in Your Cab
Stay Safe - Monitor Carbon Monoxide in Your Cab
- Are You an Employee or Independent Contractor - Case Study
Are You an Employee or Independent Contractor - Case Study
- Could A Trucker's Pension Cut be on the Radar for Congress?
Could A Trucker's Pension Cut be on the Radar for Congress?
- Even Small Business isn't Exempt from the eLog Mandate
Even Small Business isn't Exempt from the eLog Mandate
- Fed Eyes Law Change Allowing Under 21 Year Old Interstate Truck Drivers
Fed Eyes Law Change Allowing Under 21 Year Old Interstate Truck Drivers
- ELD Mandate Questions?
ELD Mandate Questions?
- New Federal Medical Form Implementation Delayed
New Federal Medical Form Implementation Delayed
- Technology and the Trucking Industry - Time for Improvement
Technology and the Trucking Industry - Time for Improvement
- ATA Predicts Increase to Trucker's Pay Due to Driver Shortage
ATA Predicts Increase to Trucker's Pay Due to Driver Shortage
- Truckers and Sleep Apnea - A Real Problem
Truckers and Sleep Apnea - A Real Problem
- Technology Changes the Face of Trucking by Going Digital
Technology Changes the Face of Trucking by Going Digital
- Women Step Up to Fill the Gap in the Truck Driver Shortage
Women Step Up to Fill the Gap in the Truck Driver Shortage
- Transfix the Uber for Trucking Raises $14.5 Million in Funding
Transfix the Uber for Trucking Raises $14.5 Million in Funding
- The 2015/2016 Roller Coaster of Freight Volume
The 2015/2016 Roller Coaster of Freight Volume
- Michelin Celebrates Truckers with #KeepThanksMoving Campaign from 11/16 to 12/31
Michelin Celebrates Truckers with #KeepThanksMoving Campaign from 11/16 to 12/31
- Wall Street Journal Says Trucking Industry Heading Into a Downturn Pushing Rate Prices Lower
Wall Street Journal Says Trucking Industry Heading Into a Downturn Pushing Rate Prices Lower
- Denis Day of Con-way Freight Celebrates 3 Million Continuous Accident Free Miles
Denis Day of Con-way Freight Celebrates 3 Million Continuous Accident Free Miles
- Firm Consolidation Hits the Trucking Industry
Firm Consolidation Hits the Trucking Industry
- Truck Tonnage Jumps to New All Time High Levels
Truck Tonnage Jumps to New All Time High Levels
- Outpouring of Love to Truckers Nationwide from Fastport's Imagine Video
Outpouring of Love to Truckers Nationwide from Fastport's Imagine Video
- Will a Program Like Celadon's WageLock Be In Your Next Benefits Package?
Will a Program Like Celadon's WageLock Be In Your Next Benefits Package?
- West VA Trucking Association Launches New Truck Driver Job Portal
West VA Trucking Association Launches New Truck Driver Job Portal
- Five Tips to Staying Alert on the Road on that Next Long Haul
Five Tips to Staying Alert on the Road on that Next Long Haul
- Trucking Company Owner Slammed with Fine & Jail Time for Bilking the Marine Corps
Trucking Company Owner Slammed with Fine & Jail Time for Bilking the Marine Corps
- Team Drivers to Get a $5,000 Signing Bonus with Werner Enterprises
Team Drivers to Get a $5,000 Signing Bonus with Werner Enterprises
- Trucking Revenue Tops a Whopping $700 Billion for the First Time Ever!
Trucking Revenue Tops a Whopping $700 Billion for the First Time Ever!
- Truck Drivers Win Overtime Settlement in Alabama
Truck Drivers Win Overtime Settlement in Alabama
- Driver for Wal-Mart Wins Bendix National Truck Driving Championship
Driver for Wal-Mart Wins Bendix National Truck Driving Championship
- Mandated Use of Speed Limiters Gets a Thumbs Down by Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association
Mandated Use of Speed Limiters Gets a Thumbs Down by Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association
- 100 Truck Washes and Counting - Blue Beacon Keeps Your Rig Sparkling Clean
100 Truck Washes and Counting - Blue Beacon Keeps Your Rig Sparkling Clean
- Are You Ready to Trust Your Big Rig to a Teen Driver?
Are You Ready to Trust Your Big Rig to a Teen Driver?
- Iowa 80 - the World's Largest Truckstop Stacks on the Amenities
If you are an over-the-road trucker, then I'm sure you've stayed in your share of motels, hotels and rooms along the way. It goes with the lifestyle, and that's part of why you do what you do. But if you ever get into Iowa and are driving down I-80, make sure to stop by the largest truck stop on the face of the planet.
- 2015 College Scholarship Winner - Samuel Pasmann
Sam is the winner of the $1000 College Scholarship Award from TruckerToTrucker.com. He'll be attending the University of Portland this Fall to study for a degree in mechanical engineering.
- ATA Releases Trucking Trends for 2015
Trucking soared to new heights in 2014, and American Trucking Associations has the scoop on all the numbers. Here are some highlights from the latest release of American Trucking Trends.
- Stay Cool in Summer Heat with Our Summer Trucking Tips
As truck drivers, whether you drive a big rig, a bowser, an RV, an MPV, a four wheeler or anything in between, you'll always want to stay cool in the heat of the summer. And yes, we know about air conditioning in vehicles that essentially allow you to keep the cab temp comfortable and healthy, but there are still times when you'll have to be outside or face mother nature and the suns rays. So here are some of the best tips on keeping your cool all season long.
- Trucker Jim Tips: Save Your Skin! You Can Get Sunburned Even Through Glass
Trucker's tan — it's no joke. At some point, you've probably experienced a tanned left forearm after driving in short sleeves. Although we work with a roof over our heads, we receive countless hours of sun exposure through our windows and windshield. The sun's UV rays are doing their work whether we notice it or not.
- Trucker to Trucker Tips: Trucker Tire Safety Reminders
Commission, approximately 95,000 people suffered injuries and 3,964 were killed from accidents involving large trucks in 2013. Although some accidents were linked to bad drivers on suspended licenses, mental impairment and other drivers, some of these accidents involved trucks that did not have safe tires.
- Could Vibration from Truck Driving Drive Up the Incidence of Prostate Cancer?
Sitting too much on the job has been linked to a higher risk of health problems, such as diabetes and heart disease. For truck drivers, there's another risk to be aware of. New research has shown that men who drive trucks might have an increased risk of developing prostate cancer.
- Trucker to Trucker Tips: Five Summer Truck Driving Tips - Keepin' Cool!
Yes, we know that truckers are already cool, and that can't be disputed. But keepin' cool is an entirely different matter in and of itself. Long hours on hot summer asphalt does not make for cool and comfort, which also cannot be disputed, but there are certain things you can do to keep your cool while remaining cool, every time you drive.
- Trucking and Veterans: Tips for Finding the Right Job Fit
When you serve in the military, you have a very disciplined, scheduled life for the number of years you serve. This is true whether you are stationed at a local base go overseas and fight in a war. You are trained not only to do the job of defending your country, but you are also trained to do some kind of specialty job, too. What happens when your service ends? You are expected to find a job and that structure is gone.
- Multi-Tool for Truckers Is A Crowd-funding Success
If you haven't heard about the Lil' Trucker Multi-Tool, perk up your ears. This nifty little gadget has just made it successfully through crowd-funding and is entering production. What is Crowd-funding? In short, crowd-funding is where an idea or a product is listed on a specified funding website from a private person or a manufacturer.
- 74-Year-Old Lady Trucker Keeps on Truckin'!
And just when you think you've been on the road a long time, I've got news for you. Back in 1968, a trucker was featured on the program What's My Line, a popular game show of the time. After several questions, answers and guesses, none of the celebrity panelists were able to guess the occupation of Linda Cottrill. Yes, a lady trucker from Massillon, Ohio, stumped the panel. No one could believe that this diminutive young woman would be piloting a truck.
- Highlighting the Most Beautiful Trucker Finalist Amy McGrath
Forget everything you thought you knew about truckers. The reality is that lady truckers are invading the industry, carrying on family traditions and becoming the new faces of trucking. Amy McGrath, one of finalists for the Most Beautiful Trucker of 2015, which is sponsored by Overdrive Magazine is just one such example.
- New Trucking Regulations Brewing in Congress - What It Means for You
The Transportation, Housing and Urban Development funding bill for fiscal year ending in 2016 could have a big impact on truckers. As we have previously pointed out at Trucker To Trucker, it is extremely important to always keep up-to-date with new federal trucking legislation whether you have a single truck or a large fleet.
- New Age Truckers - How Meditation Reduces Stress and Improves Health
As you already know, trucking is a vital industry that keeps the country running. It also happens to be an extremely stressful line of work that can wreak havoc on your health. Based on your own experiences, it shouldn't come as a surprise that truckers suffer from obesity, hypertension and other chronic illnesses at rates far above the rest of the population. This all begs the question of how truckers can enjoy a better quality of life.
- Trending Trucker Helper Apps
Cell phones, smart phones, tablets and other mobile devices have been some of the greatest innovations in the trucking industry. These gadgets are some of the most important instruments in a truckers life, and better still, you can download some great apps and make them even better.
- Tennessee Trucking: Watch Out for Those GPS Directions to Back Roads!
You are an over-the-road trucker and you rely on your GPS to get you where you need to go. They have been one of the most welcome additions to trucking since the CB radio, they have saved many miles and many hours of drive time, but sometimes the best way to go is not always the GPS way to go.
- How Low Diesel Fuel Prices Are Impacting the Business of Trucking
Now that diesel fuel prices are beginning to slide downwards, consumers with diesel powered autos couldn't be happier. But the biggest consumers of diesel fuel are truck drivers who depend on it to get the job done. The truth of the matter is that, fuel prices are the single greatest expense when it comes to the trucking industry, and lower diesel fuel is always a welcome sign.
- New Liability Limits - Are You In the Know?
One of the risks that goes along with owning a trucking company is having to make liability payments if one of your drivers injures someone in an accident. This amount is decided on through the legal system and typically goes toward compensating victims for medical care. The minimum liability requirement right now is $750,000.
- Look for Tepid but Steady Growth in Trucking Sectors in 2015
Any increase in business is good news in the trucking industry. Also, if the trends are correct, the industry will have a slow, gradual increase in business throughout the year, which is excellent news for freight shippers, carriers and brokers.
- China is Funding Truck Monitoring Software
In the trucking industry, we're always looking for new tricks and trends to move business forward. So what's the new trend in trucking? Partnering with China. That's right. A company across the world wants to help the American trucking industry find and keep customers and improve business in American trucking.
- Fitness Guru Monitors Truckers Fitness for Prime Inc's Drivers
Most semi truck driver news involving health focuses on sleep issues, but truck driving can also take a toll on drivers' physical fitness as well. Drivers spend a good part of their workdays sitting behind the wheel, keeping irregular hours and relying on convenient fast food places for meals.
- Look Who's Lobbying for Truckers - the State Police
While politics makes strange bedfellows, it is often the lobbyist who are paid to get into bed with special interest groups. Thus is the case in the current we-say, they-say debate about longer and heavier trucks on the highways.
- Truck Driver Shortage Worsens With a 90% Turnover Rate
Although unemployment rates in the US have been slowly recovering since the economic downturn in 2008, the trucking industry continues to face a steep and steadily worsening shortage of truck drivers. As freight volumes keep increasing, this shortage is becoming an even bigger problem for the trucking industry.
- Is "Uber" for Trucking Coming Because of the Driver Shortage?
It may be well known that there is a driver shortage in the trucking industry. As a truck driver, you know that not having enough drivers to deliver freight puts stress on you while you're trying to get as much done as possible. Sometimes you're even doing the work of multiple drivers in the same amount of time as one. On the Move Solutions (OMVS), a company who focuses on developing cutting-edge technology in a variety of fields of business, might possibly have a solution for this dilemma.
- Trucker Safety Tips: Time to Check Out Your Tires
Being away from your family, dealing with traffic, and getting blamed for the screw-ups of shippers and receivers can easily distract you from the importance of monitoring your tires. In addition to being a major safety issue, under-inflated tires don't last as long, and increase the cost for fuel and other maintenance issues.
- In the Future You May be Sitting In Your Easy Chair Watching the Road
If sitting behind the wheel of your truck and staring at the highway gets a bit boring at times, you might be interested in one of the newest trucking trends. Mercedes-Benz is working on a truck that will be able to drive itself, letting you relax and enjoy the ride from one destination to the next.
- Great Mileage Tracking Apps to Review
As a trucker, logging your mileage is of utmost importance because mileage is often what much of your pay is based on. If you don't log miles, you don't get paid. Logging miles used to mean coming home from your long trip and spending time in your logbook tracking those miles. If you were diligent, as you were supposed to be, you did it as your trip progressed.
- Scholarship Resource with $18k+ in Awards
A few weeks ago we announced $199.950 in scholarship opportunities from TruckerToTrucker.com for both College and Truck Driving School. Today's announcement is even more exciting, as we've put together a resource that lists over $18,000 (and growing) in annual scholarships, awards, and grants for transportation professionals and their families.
- Find Out What the King of the Road Survey Says
The survey of Atlas Van Lines drivers, also known as the King of the Road Survey, is useful not just to other truck drivers, but to families planning vacations and frequent business travelers. Founded in 1948 and headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, Atlas is a private, agent owned company that has about $900 million in revenue each year. Their results to the mostly scientific and nearly indispensable survey makes for some interesting reading to anyone who spends much time on the road.
- Truckers: Proudly Moving America
It is not enough to say that without truck drivers, America stops moving. America also stops eating in many areas of the country and stops working practically everywhere in the United States. About 70 percent of all raw goods, food, equipment, and product moves by truck. According to the Department of Transportation Statistics, the trucking industry employs over 8.7 million people and moves 9.2 billion tons of freight, valued at $671 billion, with over 5.6 million tractor trailers that are driven by more than 3.5 million men and women.
- New Scholarship Opportunities - CDL and College
New Scholarship Opportunities - CDL and College
- Is Being an Owner-Operator Right for You?
Is Being an Owner-Operator Right for You?
- Truck Drive Newbie? Here's Our Top Tips from Trucking Pros
Before you hit the road, try learning from experienced truckers. There will still be plenty to learn after you buy a new truck and start your first job, but the more you know the better. Here's what veteran truckers want newbies to know:
- New App Makes Crossing to Canada Easier for Truckers
Trucking across the border just got a whole lot easier for those making their way between the U.S. and Canada. Livingston's new app Shipment Tracker streamlines the scanning and tracking process for shipments headed either direction.
- Why I Love Being a Truck Driver - Is This Your Story Too?
What is it about being a truck driver that is so alluring? Is it the open spaces, freedom of the road, opportunity to see new places and meet interesting people along the way, working for yourself, or do you just yearn for an adventure every time you turn on the ignition and take to the highways and byways?
- DOT Says Truckers Don't Need to Do Daily Paperwork as of Mid December 2014
Tired of filling out paperwork when you have no changes to report on your DVIR (Daily Vehicle Inspection Report)? Well, apparently the U.S. D.O.T. is also tired of reading them – so as of December 2014, if you have no mechanical or safety issues to report, fuh-get about it.
- Feds Crack Down on "Chameleon" Trucking Companies
The trucking industry can be a dangerous one, especially when so many trucking companies constantly break the rules, or try to take advantages of loopholes in the system. According to a recent article on JOC.com, there is a growing number of trucking companies in the United States that fail to comply with safety regulations and that have been shut down for this or a variety of other reasons.
- LA Port Truckers Highlight Problems in Shift to Independent Contractor Status
As Shakespeare once asked, What's in a name? For truckers working the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach, and by extension others across the country, their continued livelihood depends on the answer. Drivers and trucking companies have been locked in a bitter labor dispute, causing the truckers to strike last November in an effort to obtain more equitable working conditions. At issue is the loss of employee status as companies now list them as independent contractors.
- In Calgary, There's No Looking for a Detour From Your Route!
If your future travels take you through Calgary, better make sure you take your checkbook along. The city council is instituting a steep hike in the fine for straying from designated trucking routes. Local regulations are designed to keep trucks and other heavy vehicles on the city's major roads and thoroughfares. The intent is to prevent noise and obstacles from disrupting quieter residential areas.
- More States Shift Road Repair Costs to Increased Trucking Taxation
Tennessee, ranked second only to Texas by CNBC in state road quality nationwide, is currently faced with the conundrum of growing road needs but declining fuel tax revenues. In an attempt to deal with the situation, the state is wrestling with a number of solutions for handling funding needs according to the Times Free Press. Among them: proposed taxes and fees trucking industry, about 60 percent of which utilizes Tennessee's north-south and east-west corridors, I-75 and I-40.
- More Fuel Efficient Trucks on the Way, But Can You Afford One?
Everybody loves saving money on gasoline, especially independent truckers. More miles per gallon might just make or break your profit, but the long-term savings come at the cost of the initial investment. Are you ready to buy a new truck just yet? New EPA rules already mandated higher MPG for pickups and semis a few years ago. By the spring of 2015, we'll hear about the next round of standards that will apply to model year 2018 and later.
- Are You Having Trouble Finding a Place to Park Your Semi Between Hauls? Some Cities Are Imposing Limits
It's no secret that one of the challenges many truck drivers face is finding a place to park their semis between loads. Even when you're loaded, you have to abide by the strict regulations that are set forth by the DOT, and when it's time to park, you have to park. Breaking the rules or altering your logbook can cause fines for your company, as well as problems for your license.
- Five Fun Facts About Trucking and Truck Driving
It's always fun to talk about the fun and unique facts surrounding truckers and the truck driving industry. No matter how long you've been a truck driver, we'll bet there are some things you never knew. Read on and test your knowledge about your important job.
- Turbine-Powered Wave Semi Truck - Is This the Future?
Walmart is known for low prices and savings its customers money on everything from eggplants to electronics. Now, the mega-corporation believes it can lead the way in fuel savings for its fleet of semi trucks that is used to transport all of those products along the highways.
- How do Truckers Celebrate Christmas on the Road?
Due to the nature of the job, truckers often miss out on enjoying holiday celebrations and other family events throughout the year. Between the feelings of isolation from missing out, and bleak, sun-light free wintry weather, staying in the holiday spirit can be tough.
- In Iowa? Make Sure to Swing By this Trucking Museum for Some Fun
Ever wonder about the history of trucking and how it grew into the vast industry it is today? Next time you roll through Iowa, pop in to the Iowa 80 Trucking Museum in Walcott and take part in the industry's story.
- 8 Facts About 18 Wheelers Do You Know Them All?
It's not hard to figure out where 18 wheelers get that name from, but do you know why we also call them semi-trailer trucks? Here are some interesting bits of trivia and trucker tips that you might not have known.
- Are Tougher Rules on the Way for Truck Driver Training?
A recent lawsuit may change training requirements for those seeking to embark on a career in the trucking industry. Though auto fatalities have dropped in recent years, fatalities involving large trucks are on the rise, increasing by 4 percent in 2012. Injuries have also increased 18 percent, racking up an astounding 4,000 deaths and over 70,000 injuries.
- Trailer Tails and Moose Bumpers, What's Next?
The moment of inertia for a fully-loaded tractor-trailer is nothing compared to the difficulty encountered when trying to pass much needed changes to trucking industry regulations. Senseless regulatory differences between the United States and Canada further complicate the lives of truckers and interfere with their ability to make a decent living.